Thursday, August 12, 2010

Looking to start a new George Jones collection - help appreciated.

I'm in the midst of trying to catalog Jones' discography with the help of Praguefrank's site, as well as the commercial albums put out by Bear Family and the albums compiled by the group over to Visit Me In Music City. I intend to do this in waves, focusing on the following:

  • The music track chronology from 1954 to 2010ish - pretty much covered, see below.
  • The music video output from 1985 to today.
  • The live concert audio from the earliest date to today.
  • The audio duets, such as tracks where George was only featured once (not his personal album duets).
  • The live television/film/taped performances from the earliest date to today.
It will most likely not be as in-depth textually as Harlan Taylor's excellent collections of Jones' early work, but it will be as complete as I can make it.

What I am requesting is a clean copy of EPIC 9-50922; the B-side, "Garage Sale Today."

In addition, I would appreciate if anyone took the time to download the collection of audio duets from Harlan Taylor's "Possum Week" as well as George's radio appearances for Country Style U.S.A which was also featured during that time. My hard drive failed and I lost all of that music.

More to come as I get the time. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kegan

    I compiled the guest appearances that were featured on Harlan's Possum Week. The songs are available from
    http://www.4shared.com/file/iXeSawnE/Guest_Appearances_1981-2008par.html
    and
    http://www.4shared.com/file/Th1-Sbcz/Guest_Appearances_1981-2008par.html

    Since I compiled that compilation, more guest spots have turned up.

    I took down the Country Style USA shows, but can re-up them with Garage Sale Today, if you can hold on until I find them over the weekend.

    Contact me with your email address & I'll send you an expanded version of my & Frank's discography. He pares it down quite a lot.

    Regards
    howstean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howstean - thanks for the files, and I'm of course more than happy to wait if you'd care to send me the discography, and would greatly appreciate those files.

    The address is spragues2828(at)yahoo(dot)com

    If there's anything you'd be interested in, please let me know -

    Kegan

    ReplyDelete